A pottery wheel party is a great event for tweens and teens. Modeled after our Adult Cladies Night, this is two hours of fun for kids who are interested in trying out the potter's wheel. Enjoy a fun and messy party while creating useful cups, bowls and mugs on the potter's wheel, and pick up your projects after they are fired.
We have 2 party options available--a 2 hour party that does not include time on site for cake and other refreshments, and a 2 ½ hour party that allows time for decorations, food, and other refreshments.
Age Range: Ages 10 and up
Capacity: Up to 12 students (one teacher will be provided).
Length: 2 hours for parties without refreshments, 2 ½ hours for parties with refreshments
Pricing: $475 for parties without refreshments, $555 for parties with refreshments. A $200 deposit is due at the time of scheduling.*
Project notes: Firing fees are included in the tuition fee. Projects will be ready for pickup approximately 3 weeks after date of your party.
Food and beverages: If you would like to bring decorations, cake, or other refreshments, please let us know when you are scheduling your party and we will schedule you for our 2 ½ hour party option. The 2 ½ hour option includes ½ hour for food and beverages. All food, beverages, decorations, and paper goods must be provided by parents/guardians. Please arrive 20 minutes early for setup to ensure that you receive your full class time. We recommend that you bring the following: table covering, paper goods (plates, napkins, cups, forks), food and drinks (pizza, birthday cake, juice etc), candles and matches.
Special needs: Please share with us any information you think we might find useful about special needs of children in your birthday party group such as attention, anxiety, sensory, mobility, hearing, or vision issues. We've found that when parents tell us in advance, rather than at the time of the party, we can provide the best possible party experience.
*please note that instructor gratuity is not included in price
To plan your clay party, please contact us or call us at 914-937-2047 x2.
Still have questions? Visit our Parties FAQ for answers to common questions.
General Party Policies
- A $200 deposit is due at time of registration, with remainder due the day of the party. Once party has occurred, there are no refunds, with no exceptions.
- Deposits are refundable minus a $25 cancellation fee up until 1 week prior to the party.
- Materials and firing are included in price. Projects are fired on site and will be ready to be picked up approximately 3 weeks after your party. We will email you when your art is ready.*
- For parties with refreshment time included, and adult clay parties, you may bring simple foods and beverages, but you will be responsible for setup and cleanup.
- All materials are washable and non-toxic. Items made for use such as mugs are dishwasher and microwave safe (though we do not recommend the use of either).
* Projects will be made and glazed to be left with the instructor for firing. While CAC makes every effort to help participants make beautiful and successful works of art during their party, we cannot guarantee perfect results. These classes are geared towards a creative “making” experience rather than an end product. That said, projects made by party participants will be glazed and fired in a timely manner and with the utmost care. As with any first time project, if instructions are not precisely followed, some objects might not make it through the firing process.